Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2014 Goals!

Eight days into 2014 and time ain't stoppin' for no one! Here are the things I'd like to do this year:
  • Drink more water. Between stressing over my massive homework loads and spending more time in my dorm room, I did way too much snacking in 2013. By drinking at least 6 glasses of water a day, I hope to keep myself full and thinking of other things besides cheddar cheese pretzel Combos and Fiber One bars.
  • Dress up once a week. Second semester last year, I did Dress Up Mondays and found that it really made me start the week happy. This year, I think I'll do Dress Up Wednesdays because a) I have 14 dresses taking up room in my closet and b) It's the day I work and go to class the longest, so more people will see me looking my best (don't tell me you don't plan around that too!).
  • Send more snail mail. I bought 100 instant-film postcards and have cute Disney Pixar stamps, so I have no excuses. I've already sent 5 pieces of mail and can't wait to make my friends and family smile when they find a special letter in their mailbox. Part of this goal is to also let the people I care about know that they are appreciated, loved, and admired.
  • Stop thinking negatively. I cannot even begin to name all the negative things I think on a daily basis. I'm learning to stop worrying about what other people think of me and trust that I'm a person that people like to be with.
  • Read 25 books. I barely reached this tiny goal in 2013 and I refuse to set the bar any lower.
  • DO NOT WORK AT SUBWAY OVER THE SUMMER. Please, no.
I have a whole list of other things I want to accomplish, but these are the main ones. What do you hope to accomplish this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment