Friday, November 22, 2013

You Would Never Break the Chain

There are only 8 days left of Blog Every Day November, and I really don't think I want to finish it. Of course I want to be able to say I wrote a blog post for every single day of the month, and I don't want to give up when I'm so close, but I'm getting tired of it.

In the beginning, writing was an escape from my busy days at work and school and I looked forward to sharing something random with you. As you could probably tell by the last week though, I've been running out of time and passion for these posts. As quantity went up, quality went down, and if NaNoWriMo taught me anything, it's that the two do not equate.

I still have a wealth of ideas for blog posts, but I never touch on them because they'd take more than the 30 minutes I have to write for myself each day. So even though I wanted to write more about interesting things, I'd instead go for something short and sweet because it was easy. What's the point of that? I'm not proud of the quick posts; they're not as fun to go back and read. They certainly can't be entertaining for you either. If you're a regular reader of my blog, you've probably felt overwhelmed by my daily posts, and the last thing I want to do is shoo you away.

Basically, I may not complete this challenge. I have more homework than I can even think about right now and not enough time to do it all, so blogging is quite irresponsible of me.

Thank you so much for reading and posting comments. If you were thinking about doing a daily blog post for a month, stick to 20. Any more than that and it starts to become a chore.

Have a fantastic weekend! Get ready for turkey day and spending time with the fam bam!


On Repeat: "The Chain" - Fleetwood Mac
I'm Craving: My family and friends back home

No comments:

Post a Comment