Saturday, July 13, 2013

MySpace Reminiscence

Remember five or so years ago when Myspace was everyone's obsession and everyday there'd be dozens of personal question bulletins? For the lucky few who were never sucked into the website, I'm talking about lengthy surveys that people took and posted on myspace for all their friends to read. I loved those quizzes. No matter how dumb the questions were, I always felt like I knew the quiz-taker better after reading his or her answers. Sometimes deep and always laugh-worthy, those surveys defined the times for me. So let me take you back to a day where everyone knew the lyrics to Fergie's "Glamorous" and plaid bermuda shorts were of highest style...

1. What did you eat for breakfast?
plain nonfat greek yogurt with half a Stevia packet and a cup of mixed blueberries and raspberries

2. Someone you care about needs your help at 3AM, what do you do?
I'd help them as best I could or else I'd be tortured with guilt and worry. My friends know I'm the logical one, so hopefully they'd call me first.

3. What's the nearest furry object?
My kitty Mickey!!! :) 

4. What does the last text you received say?
"Haha ok stay safe :) I'm coming home to get some stuff"

5. Do you wear your seat belt in the car?
Yes. I feel so weird if I don't wear one.

6. Who was the last person you hugged?
My friend Erin. She gives great hugs. 

7. If you were on Death Row, what would be your last meal request?
The Beaumont Gourmet Burger from the Beaumont Grill in Ouray, CO (unffff)

8. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
The ability to read minds...or to go back in time to the first day I met some of the important people in my life, just so I could remember the moment forever.

9. Where's the most beautiful place you've ever been?
This place in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. I totally forgot what it's called ahhhh, but it's like mountains...in Michigan...

10. What's your favorite kind of cookie?
White chocolate cranberry cookies from Subway

11. What do you wish to change about yourself?
my inability to stop eating food no matter how not-hungry I am, simply because it tastes good.

12. What's the worst thing about the opposite sex?
 how they get all the good graphic t-shirt options at stores like Target and Kohl's. They get like 30 choices and we get 10, if even that. Not fair.

13. Are you upset about anything?
No, although my neighbors are having a party outside and they're being super loud.

14. Can you fit your hand around your wrist?
I have stubby fingers and chunky man wrists, so no.

15. What is the worst mistake you made in your life?
Maybe choosing to go to a private college? I wouldn't trade my friends there for anything, but I didn't have the greatest first year and I don't really want to go back...or be in debt for the rest of my life.

16. What's your fast food restaurant of choice?
Subway or Tacobell

17. What's the most embarrassing song on your iTunes?
"Bake a Cake" - Lazy Town

18. When did you first kiss the last person you kissed?
March 27th

19. What was the last good news that you heard?
My mom was bringing home my favorite pizza for dinner

20. Have you done anything sneaky lately?
Yeah. Erika isn't so innocent anymore.

Tag! You're it! If you're reading this, you get to take this quiz and post it on your blog. I also tag neoleostory, the gvn syndrome, Palina, Sara, and Erika.

2 comments:

  1. HEY THERE ERIKA! I REALLY ENJOYED READING THIS!

    I actually listeded to "Bake a Cake" and although it's quite an embarrassing song to have on your ipod, I feel like you should (and probably would) have it on repeat while you're baking.

    Oh and I would totally do this quiz, but I don't have a blog sooooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH AND ERIKA LYNN SCHLENKER WHERE IS MY PROMISED BEST FRIEND POST?!?!?!?! I'M STILL WAITING

    ReplyDelete