Thursday, September 12, 2013

The sunshine part of my blog

Today was a shooting-star, twirl-around-in-a-field-of-daisies, sunshine-sublime kind of day. So naturally I'm going to tell you about it. Hellllooo, sunshine and semicolons?

8:30 am: I met one of my good friends for a cup of conversation at a coffee shop downtown. For a reason that I cannot remember, he owed me "one free trip to a coffeehouse of choice" so we got hot chocolate and sweet treats while talking about goofy stuff.  It was super sweet of him to be so generous.

*the hours between 9 am and 1 pm were actually blah because of class, me being tired, and getting pissed about something, but that's just the way things go*

3:00 pm: Over the weekend, I emailed a girl I used to have playdates with in kindergarten but haven't seen in over 10 years. She's now a freshman at my school so I thought I'd reach out and see how her first weeks at college have been going. We met at the rival coffee place of the one I visited this morning and had a really good chat about college experiences. She's basically the ideal child -- outgoing, responsible, kind-hearted, and gorgeous. I hope to see more of her soon.

4:00 pm: Ms. Bubbly had taken over! I texted my boyfriend really sweet thoughts and I offered my roommates chocolate from my personal stash. Just lovely vibes coming from my soul.

5:00 pm: I work in my library's writing center where I help students through all stages of the writing process. An adorable freshman came in looking for help with formatting a paper. His positive attitude was contagious and he was so eager to hear my suggestions; so precious, this boy! It's moments like this when I really love my job.

6:30 pm: Dinner time! I can't eat dinner with my friends on Thursdays because I get out of work so late. I decided to treat myself to a dinner alone by sneaking in to the better dining hall (clarification: My college has two dining halls. One is awful in atmosphere and food while the other one is spectacular and delicious and basically all things wonderful. Rules are, only upper classmen can eat in the good one, and I have not attained that status yet.) I had the best college food I'd eaten in weeks and it was so nice.

7:00 pm: I recently got hooked on the blog, A Beautiful Mess. It's basically a magical place for inspiration and DIY loveliness. I was mesmerized for hours by all the creativity! Their blog makes me want to fast forward to life out of college where I'm able to sew my own clothes, open my own sweet shoppe, and be a mom. There really is no reason to not dream big. 

9:00 pm: I had myself a Dove milk chocolate, the kind with inspirational or happy quotes on the inner wrapper. Mine said "Discover yourself." Today, it was clear what makes me most happy. I love being kind to others and seeing their kindness ring back. I love dreaming as if nothing was holding me back. I love chocolate, helping others, and appreciating good food. When you consciously realize these things, why focus on anything else?
 

On Repeat: Pandora's Frank Sinatra station (because Frank Sinatra-esque music makes me happy!)
Number of Froyo trips I've made this school year: 2
Number of specialty coffee drinks I've had this school year: 4

One more thing! It's my best friend Erica's birthday today! Well, only for a couple more hours. Drop her a sweet message in her ask or leave a comment on this post. She'd love to hear it, even if it's past today's date.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I found your little note in "13 Little Blue Envelopes" from the library. ;)

    ReplyDelete