Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Bad Girls Club

I just had a five minute conversation with my friend discussing whether a smiley face or an exclamation point would be better to end a text to the guy she wants to bang. Then we spent the next two hours talking about vagina-shaving and the likeliness of a pool date ending with a hook up, among other things. Every girl should have one of these friends.

I met Pegah in ninth grade. And though I still can't spell her last name without having to check facebook for a confirmation on the lettering (13 letters is a lot, not to mention the lack of vowels in the middle!), she is easily one of my best friends.

Our special bond was formed over numerous all-nighters spent watching Mary-Kate and Ashley movies ("Everyone has a hobby, right? Well you're mine."), eating large quantities of food with even larger quantities of carbs (Fatties USA), and making every interaction we had with a cute boy a big deal ("We've never talked except this one time he opened the door for me and I said thank you and he said you're welcome."). 

One of my favorite things about her is how valuable she makes me feel. Even if I spent the entire weekend reading books, she'll want to know all the details, turning the smallest things into noteworthy experiences. So on the rare occasion that I have exciting things to say about my life, she's usually the first person I tell, because she'll fire me with questions whereas my other friends will simply make a brief comment and then talk about something else.

She is a German-Persian-American beauty with a talent for delivering one-liners so funny that you wonder why she's never made her own comedy tape. Even so, it would take days to list all the reasons why she's so incredibly great. Since she moved to California after our sophomore year, I've only been able to see her for a few weeks each year in the summer, but we're still as close as if I saw her everyday. Those are my favorite kinds of friendships -- where we can go months without seeing each other, but pick up right where we left off.  Finally, the demands of life don't steal something from me.

I love you Pegs! I still have your text from 2010 when you said, "I wish we became friends the minute I moved to Michigan in 5th grade...You are truly my bestest friend in the whole entire world."

  
not all of my friends write "ball lickers" across their stomachs with permanent marker
On Repeat: rainymood.com
Days until Colorado: 22
Days until California: 62
Days until I no longer have to work at Subway:83

No comments:

Post a Comment