Sunday, June 23, 2013

Dance like nobody's watching

If I'm having a bad day, or if I'm having a great day and want to pump myself up even more, I set my iPod dock to full volume and dance shamelessly to whatever music excites my soul at the moment. I've told my friends about this ritual of mine and they say I'm a dork, but I have a feeling they secretly do the same when they're home alone. Really, who can resist moving to the heavy bass of their favorite song playing at full blast?

Since the act of dancing sans insecurities can be a bit uncomfortable for some people, I offer my set of rules for the Solo Dance Party:
  1. Only go hair-flipping, hairbrush-microphone, Miley-Cyrus'-latest-music-video crazy if you are home alone. Pets, however, are accepted and welcome to join in.
  2. The less clothes you are wearing, the more confident you'll feel. 
  3. Taking pictures or video recordings of yourself is okay, as long as they never reach the eyes of another human being.
  4. Twirl, leap, jump, and steal all of Napoleon Dynamite's dance moves. The more likely you are to tripping and cracking your skull on the floor, the better.
  5. When the dance party is complete and you exit your house, do not make eye contact with your neighbors who are sitting on their deck outside and most likely heard your music blasting.
My list of happy dance songs changes quite often, but I thought it would be worth it to share one of the playlists that recently sent my endorphins on a frenzy. The compilation is a bit weird, I admit, but who cares when it's only me and my bathroom mirror.


For those who'd like to have their own solo dance party, I've put all of the songs into a Spotify playlist for easy listening. I'd love to hear from you! What songs make you dance like nobody's watching?

Actually, don't copy Miley in her "We Can't Stop" music video. It's more disturbing than the new watermelon Oreos. 

On Repeat: "We Can't Stop" - Miley Cyrus (Sadly, no matter how raunchy the lyrics and video are, the song is still irresistible.)
Days until California: 38

No comments:

Post a Comment