Saturday, June 22, 2013

We do modeling on the side

Unless walking around parks or renting old movies from the library is your thing, there really isn't a lot of free entertainment in suburban Michigan. Though it's fun at first, spending the last of your cash on Dulce DeLeche ice cream cones at Oberweis or tickets to a matinee movie gets old really fast.  So in the summertime especially, you have to get creative with what you and your friends do to hang out. A few days ago, my friends and I pulled the sundresses out of our closets, made some sandwiches, and had ourselves a jolly ol' time frolicking around the gardens of a historical museum near our city. We had a picnic in the Oriental Garden and then went to one of the many fountains for a photo shoot! We are not photographers and we are certainly not models, but we do know how to be goofy and work a tripod...
Will I get worm disease from standing in such dirty water?


Mustard & Ketchup! My friends are gorgeous.

My friends are 5'9" and 5'11" while I'm a measly 5'3", which means I usually stand in the middle. We shorties get special treatment when it comes to posing for pictures. Woo!

This was probably one of the best things I did this summer so far, so we plan on doing it again sometime with more people.  Unfortunately I got sunburn really bad on my shoulders, plus the perfect white line going down the center from the straps of my dress. What a dodo I am. 

Look forward to more pictures, as I'm in Colorado at the moment. Or don't expect anything, because I can never seem to hold up to my plans on this blog. Only time will tell.

*starts singing Asia's "Only Time Will Tell"...you're leaving now, it's in your eyes...*

On Repeat: "Kiss On My List" - Hall & Oates
Currently Reading: Girl Meets Boy by Kelly Milner Halls
Days Until California: 39

1 comment: