Wednesday, June 12, 2013

hopeless romantic

I am a hopeless romantic. If you're anything like the guy who pressured me into dating him in high school, you think a hopeless romantic is someone who is "romantically failed" and completely hopeless when it comes to showing affection. In other words, you make me shake my head in disbelief. Hopeless romantics are dreamers who are in love with love. I clipped this definition from Urban Dictionary that I thought explained it quite well:
So naturally, I'm a fan of all things most other people would consider cheesy or cliche. My favorite movies are Tangled and A Walk to Remember because of how they make my heart swell and my body swoon. I have no interest in reading any book or watching any movie that doesn't have even the slightest romantic plot line. I dream of the fairytale happy ending and being with someone who does everything in their power to show that he loves me.

So whenever I feel like the cheap low-ticket prize that no one wants at the fair (most nights), I immerse myself in the most romantic songs, movies, and books possible. Because for a little while, I feel better. I know that the head-over-heels kind of love exists and that there are people who go over the top to show it too, and that gives me hope.

After watching Dear John last night and sobbing until I couldn't breathe (trust me, this is my therapy; crying over love and loss makes me feel better), I reintroduced myself to Chester See's love songs...

I would pull out my favorite lyric, but they all make me want to cry, so yeah this song is perfect.


"You're everything that every guy dreams of. You're everything that makes me fall in love."

I'm gonna go make some sammiches now.

1 comment:

  1. Shoot gurl! I forgot to comment on your blog posts! (Because I always read them and forget to comment and you deserve soooo many comments and readers).

    I can sincerely (and sadly) say that I am exactly like you in this aspect. I love this post because of that.

    Erika, did I get you obsessed with this music? Because dear gosh I love these songs. I know I got you obsessed with Everything so HAHAHAHA IN YOUR FACE! ;)

    LOVE YOU GIRLFRIEND

    ReplyDelete