Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Kitties and Eggs

Who spent all her money today? This girl did! There's something about being on vacation and venturing into a street of gift shops that makes you go, "That's a nice keychain of a stuffed cat. I need that keychain kitty. I most definitely have five dollars to spend on that." Of course, this happens with every item that catches your fancy, until eventually your arm is weighed down with shopping bags full of stuff you'd never allow yourself to buy if you were at home. It's all good though, because I bought my mom some stuff and she bought me even more stuff, so really, the love was more than shared today.

My dad and brother headed on a two-day hike in the mountains, so my mom and I got to spoil ourselves with fancy chocolate and handmade jewelery. Before we gave up our wallets though, we started the day by drinking tea while overlooking this fantabulous river. The tea, by the way, was Celestial's Cinnamon Apple Spice and it was delicious ten times over.  We then walked into town and spent the next several hours doing what I described above: blowing our money on things we don't need. (All shopping is blowing your money on things you don't need though. You don't really need those earrings or that bottle of wine.)

The very best part of my day was the burger I had for dinner. Ohmygod I am salivating just thinking about it. I know I've said this about other meals I've had, but I am telling the truth now: the Beaumont Gourmet Burger form the Beaumont Grill is the best thing I have ever eaten. Dear lord, I have never tasted anything so good.  The menu description says it best (mostly because I have no idea what some of the stuff is): Rocky Mountain Certified Angus Beef grilled to order & layered with Crispy Pancetta, Gruyere Cheese, Soft Fried Egg, Crispy Leeks, & Stoneground Mustard Aioli served with House Fries. Say what? It was the egg that sold me, since I've never heard of an egg on a burger and sweet jesus I do not want to know a beef patty without one from this day forward. I would pay $30 for that burger. I would fly from Michigan to Colorado just to have that burger again. And the fries? Best I've ever had.
And now for the fun stuff...CATS! 
My kitty, Mr. Baldy Legs, so rudely interrupting my packing.
This precious muffin got to sleep with me while I stayed at my cousins' house.
Fuzzy lives at his mother's store and walks down the street to check what other animals have peed in the alley.
Are these posts even enjoyable to read? Should I just stick to writing in a journal? Is my writing too technical? Do I lack voice? Honest comments would be nice. Except no one ever reads this far, so I will never know what my readers want. Oh, but you're still reading, are you? Would you like a secret for being such a good friend? Ok...I don't like the Beatles. I think they're awful.

On Repeat: "Swim Until You Can't See Land" - Frightened Rabbit
Days Until California: 35

1 comment:

  1. ERIKA I'VE READ THROUGH EVER POST YOU'VE EVER MADE INCLUDING CHECKING OUT EVERY SONG ON REPEAT SO UST DON'T STOP WRITING YA HEAR?!?!

    ReplyDelete