Thursday, November 7, 2013

Chocolate Dreams

I love me some chocolate. Chocolate flavored, chocolate covered, chocolate in any form. It's not normal if I go a day without having at least one thing with chocolate in it. So today I'm sharing my favorite chocolatey treats. If I know you personally, read until the end where I encourage you to do the same.


1.  365 Everyday Value Hot Cocoa. Normally I wouldn't care if I bought something that wasn't organic, but choosing this hot chocolate mix is so easy. Not only is it organic, but it's free of artificial flavors and hydrogenated oils. I especially love that you scoop the mix out yourself because then you can add as much as you want. I'll add a spoonful to my coffee or double the amount when making hot chocolate, which you can't do with packaged cocoa mixes. Found at Whole Foods Market.

2.  Snack Factory Dark Chocolate Crunch Pretzel Crisps. I'm not dark chocolate's biggest fan, but these chocolate covered pretzels are heavenly. If I eat more than a handful, I'll get a headache because of how rich they are, but I don't even care. These are the perfect combo: sweet and salty. Found at most food retailers.

3.  Brookside Dark Chocolate Acai. These are the best kind of candy. Fruit flavored centers covered in a dense layer of dark chocolate. They have the most satisfying texture and are soft and chewy in the absolute best way. They come in blueberry acai, pomegranate, and goji raspberry but no flavor is better than the other. Found at most food retailers.

4.  Trader Joe's Cocoa Almond Spread. If you are a die hard Nutella fan, get ready to fight me because I'm saying this spread is better. Unlike Nutella, this spread is made with almonds and is thicker and more chocolatey.  I had a habit of eating it straight from the jar to get my chocolate fix, and boy did it do a great job. Found at Trader Joe's.

5.  Ghirardelli Dark & Sea Salt Caramel Bar. When it comes to chocolate bars, I'm not picky. I'll eat as cheap or as expensive as it gets. My boss spoiled us with premium Ghirardelli chocolate in the beginning of the year and the ones with caramel filling were by far my favorite. I really do feel like I'm floating on clouds when I eat these. Found at most food retailers.

Now that I think of it, putting together a fancy gift basket of someone's favorite treats would be a great Christmas gift idea. If we're friends, make a post about your favorite foods and specialty items and I'll see what I can do come Christmas time. I'm serious. Let me make your day by giving you a bundle of your favorite things.

On Repeat: 100.3 WNIC Detroit's Christmas station
# of times I've watched The Princess Diaries this school year: 3
# of coffee shop visits this school year: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment