Sunday, November 3, 2013

Good News

I stumbled on a quote today by an atheist that said something like, "If you have news that could save my life but you don't share it, you hate me." Never before had I thought of denying someone the gospel as a form of hatred. But I get what they mean. What love are we giving to the world if we are not spreading the Good News?

I believe God's love can be shown through our actions. We can help someone in need by offering many things: food, shelter, clothes. We can smile at strangers and sincerely ask how they are doing. We can volunteer our time, go on mission trips, and encourage positivity.  There are a lot of things we can do to spread the love of God. Yet even with all of this, if people are still dying without Jesus, how much did we really help?

This is where we Christians are called to do more. In addition to living out God's love, we are meant to tell others of the new life they are promised through Christ. We do this through evangelizing, or preaching the gospel. To Christians and non-believers alike, evangelism can sound like a forceful and unloving task. In actuality, sharing the life changing Good News can be done very gently and lovingly. God would never give us a mission if He thought it would turn His children away from Him, and He certainly doesn't call us to do it alone. God is for us, and the more we seek to expand His kingdom, the more we will grow spiritually. So take a moment to think. How will you spread the Good News today?

If you want to know more about the Good News or have questions about anything else, please comment below. I'm far from knowing all the answers and I'm certainly having my own spiritual struggles at the moment, but I would love to listen to your thoughts and pray for you.

To start your week off right, I made a playlist of my favorite worship songs. Sing along!

No comments:

Post a Comment