Thursday, November 21, 2013

Will you give me a hug?

Today I don't feel well. I have a stomach virus that's keeping me in bed and making all thoughts of food nauseating. I'm tired and overwhelmed with how much work there is to do in the next 3 weeks. I don't think I've said more than 5 words to anyone today. I'm lonely and teary-eyed.

What I want is someone to hold me. I want someone to speak to me softly and spoon warm soup into my mouth. I want cuddles and my hair stroked and someone to say they'll take care of me. I want someone to dry my tears.

I would just like an honest to goodness, real, genuine friend here.

Maybe what I need is my mom.

I don't want to do this thing called 'work' anymore. Can we skip to the part where I'm a mommy to four beautiful children who love me despite my snoring, anxiety, and worrying? Let's go to the part where I'm snuggled up to my husband on the couch, watching a movie, and knowing he will never let me go.

I have dreams. I'll get there someday.


On Repeat: "Look After You" - Louis Tomlinson (The Fray cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment